Dr. Matthew Lewin
Board Certified Pathologist
Do you have a specialty of interest within Pathology?
Gastrointestinal and renal pathology
Where did you study?
Fellowship: Surgical Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 2003-2004
Residency: Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 1999-2003
Medical School: University of Mississippi, Jackson Mississippi 1995-1999
College: Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, Mississippi 1992-1994
College: Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 1990 – 1992
What certifications do you hold?
Board certified in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
Do you have any special honors or recognitions in your medical career that you would like to share?
- Pathology Resident Teaching Award, Mayo Clinic 2008
- Nielsen JA, Steephen A, Lewin M. Angiotensin-II inhibitor (olmesartan)-induced collagenous sprue with resolution following discontinuation of drug. World J Gastroenterol. 2013;19(40):6928-30.
- Nielsen JA, Lager DJ, Lewin M, Weber J, Roberts CA. Incidence of diagnostic change in colorectal polyp specimens after deeper sectioning at two different laboratories staffed by the same pathologists. Am J Clin Pathol. 2013;140(2):231-7.
- De Petris G, Lewin M, Shoji T. Carcinoma cuniculatum of the esophagus. Annals of Diagnostic Pathology, 2005 June; 9(3):134-7.
- Nielsen JA, Lager DJ, Lewin M, Rendon G, Roberts CA. The optimal number of biopsy fragments to establish a morphologic diagnosis of eosinophilic esophagitis. Am J Gastroenterol. 2014;109(4):515-520.
- Nielsen JA, Roberts CA, Lager DJ, Putcha R, Jain R, Lewin M. Lymphocytic gastritis is not associated with active Helicobacter Pylori infection. Helicobacter. 2014;19(5):349-55.
I have given numerous presentations and written several papers in gastrointestinal and renal pathology.
Please list your professional affiliations.
College of American Pathologists